Thursday, April 19, 2012

MIA

I realize I have been missing in action lately. Matt and I have had a lot of late nights working and I just haven't gotten myself motivated to post in awhile due to sleepiness...and possibly a little bit of laziness. But I have been cooking, and I have been snapping photos. I'll try and catch up over the next week or so. Only to probably go MIA again in about a week because I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next Friday! Woo-hoo! It's the perfect anniversary present to myself lol.

I have been pinning lots of smoothie recipes so I'll probably do a round up of all of them and post it when it's all said and done. If anyone has some suggestions for filling, easy to eat foods that I can have after my wisdom teeth come out, please feel free to share!

Anyway, on to the task at hand. Actually posting a recipe:). I made these mini zucchini pancakes a couple weeks ago for something new to try. They sounded really good and I thought they'd make for a nice, easy lunch throughout the week. Well, I was right! These are really good over a spinach salad with balsamic dressing, paired with some applesauce, or topped with a dollop of sour cream and chives (and maybe bacon, you know.....because they're healthy...you can totally get away with it. ha!).

Zucchini Pancakes


You will need:

  • 2 medium zucchini, grated
  • 2 shallots, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh chives
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup grated parm cheese
  • 6-8 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil spray
Grate zucchini using the large holes on your grater and place in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Spoon onto skillet, about 2 tbsp per pancake. Cook each side until brown. Set aside and keep warm. Continue with batter, makes about 20 small pancakes.


These things smell awesome. I'm warning you now, you'll want to devour them all. I put them by 5's in freezer bags and when I want them, I heat up a bit of olive oil in a small pan and give them a quick fry. A serving size is 5 pancakes, at 134.9 calories, 4.7 grams of fat, 16.2 carbs, 3.5 grams of fiber, 8.7 grams of protein and 2.1 grams of sugar.

Source: Skinnytaste


2 comments:

  1. Maybe I will finally finish my guest blog post and put it up while you're recovering from your surgery... I should really get on that. ;)

    These were good by the way- Evie approves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, I forgot to say they are kid friendly- Evie approved!

      And I totally forgot about your guest post...how long has it been? Lol ;).

      Delete