Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm So Behind!

How did it get to be Friday already!? I had a goal, it was to consistently have 3-4 blog posts per week. Fail!

This week hasn't even been terribly busy, I've just been terribly lazy. Ok, not really. Between work and service and trying desperately to stay on top of housework I have been sort of busy. I will try to not let it cause me to slack so much in the future...

The one good thing about it being Friday already is that it's time for Friday Cocktails! I know that I said I was going to share Matt's new special drink last weekend, but he didn't get around to making it again so I couldn't snap a photo. Maybe he'll make one tonight while we watch the hockey game :).

Here's a nice fruity yummy drink!

The Mango Margarita


You will need:

  •  1 1/4 oz silver tequila
  • 1 oz triple sec
  • 1 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 oz simple syrup or sweet-and-sour mix
  • 3/4 cup partially frozen mango, unsweetened
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a hurricane style glass and garnish with mango and lime. Enjoy! 


This drink was so refreshing and had just the right amount of sweetness from the mango but didn't taste like a fruit smoothie, laden with sugar. I'm envisioning this drink in my hand...a white sand beach, clear water and not a care in the world:). 


I want to quickly share my new favorite nail polish that also happens to be a huge pain in the butt. It's Essie's Set in Stones. It's a glitter top coat that I looooove and is so pretty, but beware when it comes time to take it off. I got my thumb done and then I gave up. I'm going to suffer through chipped yucky nails til I can go for a manicure and have them deal with it. But the awesome sparklyness of it makes up for all that:).


I have it on over Essie's Clambake.
happy weekend!


1 comment:

  1. 1. Loving the sparkles! I'm a sucker for sparkly polish. This one is fab! 2. The margarita looks to die for! So refreshing and tasty. Can't wait to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete