Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This Isn't Just Any Ordinary Tuesday

Today marks my 100th post!

Sometimes when I think about it, it doesn't really seem like much. Then I think back to when I started this blog in June of 2011, and how I don't really stick with anything, and 100 posts seems pretty awesome!

I started this blog on a whim, not really knowing how I would go about anything, and not knowing how long it would last. Now that I've conquered 100 posts, and conquering 1 year is just around the corner, I have to say...I'm sort of proud of it:). I've had my ups and downs. I've contemplated ending the blog, I've wondered what's the point. At the end of the day I enjoy baking, cooking and sharing things I've tried and loved or liked...or hated with anyone who's interested. I think this blog is just as much for me as it is for anyone else.

So let's have a drink to 100 blog posts:).

Bananas Foster Smoothie

You will need:

  • 1 very ripe banana
  • 1 oz rum
  • 1 oz Amaretto
  • 1 cup milk
  • 5 ice cubes
  • 1 tbsp banana Smoothie mix (if you don't have this, you could sub in 6 oz of vanilla or banana yogurt or a scoop of vanilla ice cream)



Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until very smooth. Serve in a tall glass, topped with whipped cream and a cherry.

This weekend I'll debut one of Matt's new concoctions. I'll warn you, it's potent :). 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post...it's very exciting! Can't wait to see the next 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to save this for late may when I am none pregnant. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 100th post! A drink recipe to celebrate - I love it! It looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay 100 posts!!! That's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete