Saturday, March 3, 2012

Movie Night Gone Wrong

All except for the snack.

Matt and I were at the mall when we decided to go see The Lorax. I needed a nice feel good movie. While waiting in a ridiculously long line, we noticed the increasing amount of kids between the ages of 9 months and 7yrs gathering around us. "Lorax! Lorax! Lorax!" That's when I looked at Matt and we both said, "This is not a good idea" and left the line. Boo!

No movie, no popcorn, no obnoxiously priced "small" $6 pop.

Good thing this snack has been on my to-make list for a while! Also, I got to eat it in the silent bliss of my own home-Bonus!

Lorax will have to wait for another day. I'm thinking middle of the week, middle of the day :).

Peanut Butter and Honey Popcorn


You will need:

  • rounded 1/4 popcorn kernels
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • fine salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (free of added sugar)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Put vegetable oil in a large pot over medium high heat with one kernel, and cover. When the kernel pops add the rest and shake the pot occasionally while the kernels continue to pop. When there are a few seconds between the pops remove from heat. Lightly salt the popcorn. 

Put a small saucepan on the stove and bring honey and sugar to boil, let simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and stir until melted and completely combined. Stir in vanilla.

Immediately pour over popcorn and stir with a long wooden spoon. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.



Matt wouldn't try this, I just made extra popcorn and put butter on his. Boooring. That meant I got to eat it all myself though, so I didn't mind too much :). It was really good, and surprisingly, not overly sweet. It's definitely a nice treat to have every once in a while.


Dig In!


1 comment: