Friday, June 17, 2011

It's Friday, go ahead, make yourself a drink

We'll pretend it's your first one this week, it's totally my first one... :). I'm going to try to do a weekly Friday segment featuring a different drink each week. Of course I have to start with my favorite- a Margarita! yummm. They are pretty simple to make.
  • 1 1/2 oz premium tequila ( I like Silver Patron. I've had margaritas with less expensive tequila and ones with more expensive tequila and Patron just makes a good margarita)
  • 1 oz Cointreau or triple sec (I use triple sec, only because we don't have cointreau, it's on the to-get list)
  • juice of half a lime and half a lemon
  • ice cubes
  • garnish: lime wedge
Shake the ingredients with ice and serve in a salt-rimmed margarita glass on the rocks, or strain to serve 'up' in a chilled, salt-rimmed cocktail glass. Garnish with the lime wedge.



You can also use a margarita mix such as margaritaville (one of my all time hated songs btw). Just follow the instructions on the label. It makes a good margarita when you don't have all the ingredients or the patience to squeeze lemons and limes.

I've tried a few different rimming salts and sugars and I just bought Franco's Cocktail Mixes margarita salt at Wegmans last week and it's pretty much awesome. Cut a little slit in your lime wedge and run in around the rim of the glass and then dip it in the salt and you get a perfectly salt-rimmed glass.

For those of you who are pregnant or breast feeding and want a drink without the alcohol here's a recipe for you.

  • 2 oz sour mix
  • 1 splash lime juice
  • 1 splash orange juice
  • ice cubes
  • garnish: lime wedge
Blend the ingredients with ice. Serve in a salt-rimmed margarita glass. Garnish with lime.

Enjoy and Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I think you should do cocktail Tuesdays- say at 10:30am

    ReplyDelete