Tuesday, October 25, 2011

There's Just Something About Bundt Pans

That something being, they are awesome. Don't believe me? Check it out!



See, I told you:). If I had kids I would be in so much trouble, I would buy so many bundt pans haha (that would actually be the least of my problems I'm sure). You can find all those and more here.

I used the Pro Cast Original Bundt Pan.

Fresh Apple Bundt Cake

You will need:
  • 1 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (I omitted these)
  • 4 cups chopped apples
Peel, core and chop 2-3 medium sized apples. Combine oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.


Sift flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg on to parchment paper or into a bowl. Gradually add into egg mixture. The batter will be pretty thick, don't be alarmed :).


Add nuts and apples and mix well. Pour into a greased 10 cup bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The cake will be very moist so be careful trying to flip it onto a cooling rack. Mine may, or may not have broke in two because the pan slipped out of my hand...it all goes to the same place though, right?! (Don't worry, it landed on the counter, not the floor!)


 Because of the minor mishap with the cake I didn't get a picture of the whole thing, but it still looks good by the slice :).




No comments:

Post a Comment