Thursday, October 6, 2011

Some Food For Thought

This recipe is great, so I'm going to share it with you:). I adapted it a little to feed Matt and and I.

Salmon Fillets over Couscous


You will need:

  • 2- 5 oz. fillets of salmon
  • lime
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • butter
  • olive oil
  • 1 cup couscous
  • 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup feta
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 2 tbsp. butter
Bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling add 2 tbsp. of butter and couscous. Stir, remove from heat and cover. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then fluff it with a fork.


Meanwhile, chop up tomato and green onions (1 1/2 stalks).


Mix tomatoes, onions and feta cheese into couscous.


To cook the salmon, drizzle some olive oil in a glass pan and place salmon in pan. Squeeze the juice of half of a lime over the fillets.


Mix together 1 tbsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper and 2 tsp. garlic powder and sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Top each fillet with a pat of butter. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


Serve on a bed of couscous...or next to a pile of it:).


Matt and I liked this A Lot. I was surprised at how reasonably priced this was too. I really wanted to make it but was nervous about going to the seafood counter and gasping at the price. But at $10.99/lb it only came to $7.00- totally worth it!

In other slightly food related news...I have been buying Wegmans brand decaf tea for a long time now. This week I splurged and bought Red Rose (I had a coupon). I can't drink a cup of Red Rose tea without thinking about my grandma (tea always tasted best at grandmas...who am I kidding? Everything always tasted better at grandmas house!). I was all excited about what figurine I would get....So I searched and searched and searched and then I checked out the box and it said Figurines are no longer included in boxes!!!!!!! What the heck Red Rose? Good thing I love you anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Um what!?! That is a serious outrage. Do they make you send away for them or something??? That's so sad, what is the world coming to...

    ReplyDelete