Tuesday, August 2, 2011

An Oldie But A Goodie

My stomach actually turned when I saw this picture because I miss that kitchen so much...I take comfort in that fact that maybe it's one of those things that you see 10 years later and you're like "meh, it's not that great". But 10 years does not erase the memories, which is probably why I miss it so much...So anyway, before I'm crying over this stupid blog post.

Craisin Maple Bread Pudding

You will need:
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 3-4 cups cubed day old bread
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat the half and half. When the foam forms on top add butter and stir until melted. Then cool to lukewarm.

Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and syrup. Beat with electric mixer one minute and then add to the half and half and egg mixture.

Put cubed bread in casserole dish, cover with craisins and pour mixture over top. Cook at 350 for 45-50 minutes. I probably should have covered it with foil for the last 15 minutes or so, it looks a little dark on top. I have a really good sounding bread pudding recipe from Panera that I'll be trying as soon as the weather turns, I'm excited:).

No comments:

Post a Comment