Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
The legend tells that years ago every casino in Las Vegas had a three-piece chicken dinner with a potato and a veggie for $1.79. A standard bet back then was $2, hence when you won a bet you had enough for a chicken dinner. !”
Urban Dictionary told me this, so it must be so.
Anyway, you guessed it right, today's recipe calls for chicken. It's chicken salad sandwiches! Now, I'm not one to toot my own horn but these were really really good. I guess if I'm tooting anyone's horn it's Ina Garten's horn (as much as I hate to because I find her totally uptight and snooty). But, she makes good chicken salad!
You will need:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- "Good" Olive Oil (the snootyness ensues)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3/4 cup "Good" mayonnaise (see what I mean? my hellmans isn't good enough for her)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh Tarragon
- 1 cup small diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/4 cup craisins
Add the mayo, tarragon, celery, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, craisins and toss well.
To assemble, spread a little mayo on bread and top with chicken salad, lettuce and tomato. Then top it off with another slice!