Saturday, January 21, 2012

Never Ending Pecans

I made these pecan bars a couple weeks ago. I know, mooore pecan bars?! I've been on a pecan kick lately that I can't explain. Then this morning on America's Test Kitchen they made the "perfect" pecan pie and I was salivating just watching them make it. Oh, and they served it with bourbon whipped cream- Yes please!

As we all know I am a maple lover, so when I saw this recipe using maple syrup and I had some pecans leftover from the vegan cookies, I figured it was only right that I make them:).

Maple Pecan Shortbread Squares


You will need:

  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1 egg
  • additional 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven the 350 degrees. Combine the flour and 1/3 cup pressed brown sugar in a mixer. Mix in the softened butter until a dough has formed. Press into an ungreased 8 by 8 inch baking dish, and prick with a fork.


Bake the shortbread until golden brown, about 20 minutes. While the shortbread is baking, beat the egg in a mixing bowl along with other 1.3 cup brown sugar, maple syrup and pecans. Pour the pecan mixture over the hot crust and return to the oven. Continue baking until firmed, 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately run a knife around the edges to prevent sticking.


Cool completely and then cut into 1 inch squares to serve.


Source: allrecipes.com

Sorry again for my lack of posts, it's been hard to find time to get on the computer. Not to mention have time to actually make things. I'm going to be making more of an effort to get on here more again! 

I'm going to attempt making a rack of lamb this coming week so you'll be seeing that soon. That is unless it's a disaster lol:). It kind of can't go wrong though, lamb is not exactly cheap!

My stomach is starting to hate me- I'm off to get some lunch!

Happy Baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment